January 2018 General Membership Meeting
- Hits: 224 224
January 2018 General Membership Meeting & Agenda
Happy New Year to All. I look forward to an exciting 2018 for the club, our hobby, projects, and new interests. Bring your ideas, passions, and enthusiasm.
Tuesday, January 16th 2018 @ 6:30 PM (3rd Tuesday of the month)
Presentation: Amsat Presentation by Patrick Stoddard, wd9ewk; Maybe a demo too.
825 S 48th Street
Tempe, Arizona 85281
Located on the South East section of University Dr and 48th Street.
Access is only from 48th Street, NOT the Hohokam Freeway (AZ 143). South bound 48th Street is just EAST of the Hohokam Fwy (exit and entrance intersections) on South side of University. Driving south bound on 48th Street, the parking entrance is the first LEFT; or if North bound on 48th St from Broadway Rd, the last RIGHT before University Dr.
Plenty of lighted parking.
Meetings start at 6:30 pm ; typically 2 hours in duration.
Meetings are open to anyone interested in Amateur Radio, any particular presentation of interest, MARCA Members of course, any any friends and family. There's alway opprotunity to open a discussion topic on just about any thing related to amateur radio or just plain ol chit chat about the weather.
Come early, socialize, and have a bite to eat.
Meeting Agenda (Always a work in progress): continually updated as the meeting approaches. To include a topic for the agenda, or input to a topic, contact Norm Johnson, aa7oo, President, or Dave Hall, n7zpy, Vice President.
Click the "Read More .... " to see Meeting Agenda
Welcome, Call to Order (Norm, aa7oo).
Introductions ; Members & Guests (Norm, aa7oo).
Program: Amsat Presentation by Patrick Stoddard, wd9ewk; (Dave, n7zpy).
Break (5-10 minutes)
Approve Minutes for November 2017 (Dave, n7zpy).
Treasurer's Report for 2017 Year End 2017 (Don, wa7rll).
QSTs (Norm, aa7oo).
- 2018 Membership dues are due.
- Hamfests (http://www.arca-az.org/)
- Thunderbird Hamfest, 13 January 2018, Northwest Community Church, Phoenix, AZ.
- QuartzFest 2018, 21 - 27 January 2018, Road Runner BLM, La Paz Valley Road, Quartzsite, AZ.
- 2018 Arizona Section Convention/Yuma Hamfest, 16 - 17 February 2018, Yuma, Az.
- Devry Hamfest, no information at this time.
- Scottsdale ARC Hamfest, no information at this time.
- 2018 ARRL AZ State Convention/Prescott Hamfest, 1-2 June 2018, 3700 Willow Creek Road, Prescott, AZ.
- <enter new Hamfest here>
- MARCA Members housekeeping: email of record;
- with Treasurer & Secretary;
- VE Testing - MARCA VE members signup with Ed. Program Lead & Organizer (Ed, k5ola).
- <enter new QST here>
- QSTs from the floor.
Old Business (Norm, aa7oo).
- Membership Report (Don, wa7rll).
- Fusion Repeater Upgrade status (Dave, n7zpy).
- Secretary Nomination (Norm, aa7oo).
- New Project: WT Digi frequency change from 145.010 to 146.710 (Pinal Pk?) (Paul, kd7kdo).
- <enter missed old business item here>
New Business (Norm, aa7oo).
- ADAW - need articles, member email updates (Norm, aa7oo).
- Propose Mesh Node at GD, (Paul, kj7ky).
- <enter new business item here>
- From the floor.
- (Discussion Phase) CW Skills & Traffic Handling (Erik, k7tv; Norm, aa7oo).
- Raspberry Pi Group - contact Norm (Norm, aa7oo).
- Rpi Echolink for W7MOT-14 : (Norm, aa7oo: Mike Childers, k7urk).
- Rpi APRS - group project : (Norm, aa7oo).
- Rpi WSPR - group project : (Norm, aa7oo).
- <enter new Group here>
- Rpi Echolink Project Update - reboot (Norm, aa7oo).
- W7MOT Dstar G3 Upgrade, svr RAM (Norm, aa7oo; Paul, kd7kdo; Ron, wb9exl).
- W7MOT-9 Pinal Pk 1200 packet digi 145.010MHz (Dave, n7zpy).
- Fusion Repeater Upgrade (Dave, n7zpy).
- <enter new project here>
Elmers: (subject matter experts, resources, and assistance contacts)
- SDR (Norm, aa7oo).
- APRS (Paul, kd7kdo).
- Mesh BBHamnet (Paul, kj7ky).
- DX (Don, wa7rll).
- CW (open).
- FMT (aa7oo).
- Emcom (open).
- CERT (open).
- VE Testing & Training (Ed, k7ola, Ray k4rmv).
- VEs (Majdi, n0rmz; Norm, aa7oo; TD, n7isr; Ray, k4rmv; Ed, k7ola; Paul, kj7ky).
- <add Subject and Elmers here>
Technical Committee (Majdi, n0rmz).
Review open maintenance and repair issues discussion for sites. Need for any work parties and site visits.
W7MOT-10 VHF APRS appears weak
DStar G3 Upgrade
DStar Gateway UPS
DStar AC and DC Power Controllers
Frequency change to 145.010
Install Packet system
UHF weak or not hearing
- Repeater Documentation; website repository. (Norm, aa7oo).
- Site Issues
- GD 33, 34, 35 : RLC benched for repairs; (Jim, ac7fn).
- Chandler Arcom controller cpu & firmware upgrade and re-programming; (Norm, aa7oo).
- W7MOT-15 900mhz receiver ensitivity & receiver - resolved; (Norm, aa7oo).
- W7MOT Station License posting; (Norm, aa7oo).
- Repeater Reports (Site Managers)
- [20 rptrs, 6 VHF, 8 UHF, 3 33cm, 2 23cm]
- [8 Voice, 5 APRS, 2 packet, 1 Fusion, 4 Dstar/APRS 134 users]
- W7MOT-3 VHF White Tank APRS (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-4 UHF White Tank APRS (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-6 VHF White Tank Packet (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-8 VHF Mt Elden APRS (Mark, kc7kmp); OK.
- W7MOT-8 VHF Packet (Mark, kc7kmp); OK.
- W7MOT-10 VHF Mt Ord - APRS (dave, n7zpy); OK.
- W7MOT-11 UHF Mt Ord - APRS (dave, n7zpy); OK.
- W7MOT-14 UHF Chandler Hospital (Norm, aa7oo); upgrade controller.
- W7MOT-15 33cm Chandler Hospital (Norm, aa7oo); All OK.
- W7MOT-24 UHF South Mt (Jim, ac7fn); low level ID.
- W7MOT-25 33cm South Mt (Jim, ac7fn); low level ID.
- W7MOT-33 VHF Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); RLC3 / new controller.
- W7MOT-34 UHF Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); RLC3 / new controller.
- W7MOT-35 33cm Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); RLC3 / new contrroller.
- W7MOT-37 UHF Fusion Scottsdale (Ron, wb9exl); upgrade controller.
- W7MOT-52 UHF 52nd St (Rod, w7ekv); OK.
- W7MOT A 23cm White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade in process.
- W7MOT D 23cm White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade in process.
- W7MOT B UHF White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade in process.
- W7MOT C VHF White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade in process.
Open to the Floor
Break (take 10 minutes)
Program: TBD (Dave, n7zpy)