August 2018 General Membership Meeting
- Hits: 229 229
August 2018 General Membership Meeting & Agenda
Tuesday, August 21st 2018 @ 6:30 PM (3rd Tuesday of the month)
825 S 48th Street
Tempe, Arizona 85281
Located on the South East section of University Dr and 48th Street.
Access is only from 48th Street, NOT the Hohokam Freeway (AZ 143). South bound 48th Street is just EAST of the Hohokam Fwy (exit and entrance intersections) on South side of University. Driving south bound on 48th Street, the parking entrance is the first LEFT; or if North bound on 48th St from Broadway Rd, the last RIGHT before University Dr.
Plenty of lighted parking.
Meetings start at 6:30 pm ; typically 2 hours in duration.
Meetings are open to anyone interested in Amateur Radio, any particular presentation of interest, MARCA Members of course, any any friends and family. There's alway opprotunity to open a discussion topic on just about any thing related to amateur radio or just plain ol chit chat about the weather.
Come early, socialize, and have a bite to eat.
Meeting Agenda (Always a work in progress): continually updated as the meeting approaches. To include a topic for the agenda, or input to a topic, contact Norm Johnson, aa7oo, President, or Dave Hall, n7zpy, Vice President.
Click the "Read More .... " to see Meeting Agenda
Welcome, Call to Order (Norm, aa7oo).
Introductions ; Members & Guests (Norm, aa7oo).Break (5-10 minutes)
Program: ; (Dave, n7zpy).
Approve Minutes for July 2018 (Norm, aa7oo).
Treasurer's Report for July 2018 (Don, wa7rll).
Membership Report (Don, wa7rll).
QSTs (Norm, aa7oo).
- Summer Schedule: July - September summer meetings are scheduled but will be brief & discussions of interest.
- Hamfests (http://www.arca-az.org/)
- HARC Hamfest & Auto Show, 28-29 July 2018, Kingman, Arizona.
- White Mountain Hamfest, 28 July 2018, Pinetop, Arizona.
- RST Tucson Fall Hamfest, 29 September 2018, Tucson, Arizona.
- Copafest, 27 October 2018, Maricopa, Arizona.
- Superfest 2018, 1 December 2018, MCC, Mesa, Arizona.
- Thunderbird Hamfest 2019, TBA Jan 2019, Phoenix Area, Arizona.
- Prescott Hamfest 2019, 31 May-1June 2019, Prescott, Arizona.
- White Mountain Hamfest 2019, 27 July 2019, Pinetop, Arizona.
- <enter new Hamfest here>
- MARCA Members housekeeping: email of record;
- with Treasurer & Secretary;
- ADAW - need articles, member email updates (Norm, aa7oo).
- VE Testing - MARCA VE members signup with Ed. Program Lead & Organizer (Ed, k5ola).
- <enter new QST here>
- QSTs from the floor.
Old Business (Norm, aa7oo).
- <enter missed old business item here>
New Business (Norm, aa7oo).
- Site Equipment Inventory Updates (Dave, n7zpy; Norm, aa7oo).
- <enter new business item here>
- From the floor.
- (Discussion Phase) CW Skills & Traffic Handling (Erik, k7tv; Norm, aa7oo).
- Raspberry Pi Group - contact Norm (Norm, aa7oo).
- Rpi Echolink for W7MOT-14 : (Norm, aa7oo: Ray, k4rmv; Mike, k7urk).
- Rpi APRS - group project : (Jim, ac7fn; Norm, aa7oo).
- Rpi WSPR - group project : (Norm, aa7oo).
- <enter new Group here>
- Rpi Echolink Project Update - reboot (Norm, aa7oo).
- W7MOT Chandler Site - SARC Proposal (Norm, aa7oo; Ray, k4rmv).
- W7MOT DStar Gateway G3 server replacement (Paul, kd7kdo; Mike, m7msd; Majdi, m0rmz).
- W7MOT GDMS Mesh Node. (Dave, n7zpy, Paul, kd7kdo)
- 52nd St Mesh Node with RF link to GD feasability (Jim, ac7fn; Paul, kd7kdo).
- W7MOT GDMS Site refurish and update (Jim, ac7fn; Dave, n7zpy).
- enter new project here>
Elmers: (subject matter experts, resources, and assistance contacts)
- SDR (Norm, aa7oo).
- APRS (Paul, kd7kdo).
- Mesh (Paul, kj7ky).
- DX (Don, wa7rll).
- CW (open).
- FMT (aa7oo).
- Emcom (open).
- CERT (open).
- VE Testing & Training (Ed, k7ola, Ray k4rmv).
- VEs (Majdi, n0rmz; Norm, aa7oo; TD, n7isr; Ray, k4rmv; Ed, k5ola; Paul, kj7ky).
- <add Subject and Elmers here>
Technical Committee (Majdi, n0rmz).
Review open maintenance and repair issues discussion for sites. Need for any work parties and site visits.
W7MOT-10 VHF APRS appears weak
DStar G3 Upgrade completed 1/5/2018
DStar Gateway UPS
DStar AC and DC Power Controllers
Frequency change to 145.010
Install Packet system
UHF weak or not hearing
- Repeater Documentation; website repository. (Norm, aa7oo).
- Site Issues
- GD 33, 34, 35 : RLC benched for repairs; (Jim, ac7fn).
- Chandler Arcom controller cpu & firmware upgrade and re-programming; (Norm, aa7oo).
- W7MOT Station License posting; (Norm, aa7oo).
- Repeater Reports (Site Managers)
- [20 rptrs, 6 VHF, 8 UHF, 3 33cm, 2 23cm]
- [8 Voice, 5 APRS, 2 packet, 1 Fusion, 4 Dstar/APRS 134 users]
- W7MOT-3 VHF White Tank APRS (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-4 UHF White Tank APRS (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-6 VHF White Tank Packet (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-8 VHF Mt Elden APRS (Mark, kc7kmp); OK.
- W7MOT-8 VHF Packet (Mark, kc7kmp); OK.
- W7MOT-10 VHF Mt Ord - APRS (dave, n7zpy); OK.
- W7MOT-11 UHF Mt Ord - APRS (dave, n7zpy); OK.
- W7MOT-14 UHF Chandler Hospital (Norm, aa7oo); upgrade controller.
- W7MOT-15 33cm Chandler Hospital (Norm, aa7oo); All OK.
- W7MOT-24 UHF South Mt (Jim, ac7fn); low level ID.
- W7MOT-25 33cm South Mt (Jim, ac7fn); low level ID.
- W7MOT-33 VHF Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); RLC3 / new controller.
- W7MOT-34 UHF Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); RLC3 / new controller.
- W7MOT-35 33cm Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); RLC3 / new contrroller.
- W7MOT-37 UHF Fusion Scottsdale (Ron, wb9exl); upgrade controller.
- W7MOT-52 UHF 52nd St (Rod, w7ekv); OK.
- W7MOT A 23cm White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade in process.
- W7MOT D 23cm White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade in process.
- W7MOT B UHF White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade in process.
- W7MOT C VHF White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade in process.
Open to the Floor
Break (take 10 minutes)